The castle of the Prince of Prussia is a national cultural monument. Since 2004 it has been used for representative purposes under the administration of the Office of the Slovak President.
The wooden chateau was built in 1883-85 by the then owner of the Javorina estate, the Prussian prince Christian Craft Hohenlohe-Öhringen. It was designed by the architect Jean Leindecker on a site from which the Belianske and High Tatras can be seen.
The original form of the hunting lodge has been preserved to this day. It was partially rebuilt in 1975-77, when it was converted into the Party Service Company Prague. The damaged floors and lower beams were replaced and the furniture was restored. The premises were used for years by the highest representatives of the communist regime.
Recommended visit time: 1 h
Distance from hotel: 14,6 km
Tatranská Javorina 28
05956 Tatranská Javorina
GPS: 49.274318, 20.141086